Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information DocCharge may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
• When you create an DocCharge ID, download a software update, register for a free trial or sign up for our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on DocCharge’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may use your personal information, including date of birth, NPI number to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of DocCharge ID account holders.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with DocCharge, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve DocCharge’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an DocCharge product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
• We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
• We may collect data about how you use DocCharge mobile applications in order to help us improve our services.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. DocCharge may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the DocCharge website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times DocCharge may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with DocCharge to provide products and services, or that help DocCharge market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by DocCharge to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
DocCharge shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever DocCharge operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for DocCharge to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
DocCharge takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by DocCharge, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some DocCharge products, services, or applications or post on an DocCharge website/blog, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account and update your profile. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if DocCharge is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
To provide location-based services on DocCharge application, DocCharge and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by DocCharge and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
DocCharge websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to DocCharge employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
DocCharge LLC, 15880 Summerlin Road, Suite 300-390, Fort Myers, FL 33908