How to Add New Patients to DocCharge Desktop Portal & Notify Corresponding Clinicians
Table of Contents
Whether you are a curious professional, a new member of our team, or a wise partner who needs a refresher, we’ve developed step by step visual instructions to help you navigate the DocCharge System.
In this section, we discuss:
- How to add new patients to the DocCharge Portal (computer log-in)
- How clinicians take action for new patients using the DocCharge App (mobile log-in)
Who Adds New Patients? Each practice will have their own protocol. However, we expect new patient additions to be completed by clinicians, office staff, and/or practice managers.
Non-clinicians: Adding New Patients to the DocCharge Portal
Once you’ve logged into your DocCharge Portal using a computer:
STEP 1: Select the Billing Icon in the top red navigation bar.
STEP 2: On the top right hand corner, just below red navigation bar, select “Add Patient”
STEP 3: Record Relevant Information (Required Fields)
- Physician: Who will follow patient during hospital stay?
- Date of Admission: Patient’s date of admission to the hospital
STEP 4: Select Record More Info
- This will open up 5 more rows of pertinent patient information for better care coordination
STEP 5: Record Relevant Information (To Streamline Care Coordination)
- For Phone: Enter the phone number of the nurse in charge of the patient
- For Location: Enter the Patient’s Hospital Room Number
- For Reason: Enter patient diagnosis
STEP 6: Click Add New Patient to Notify Clinician
As soon as the DocCharge User adds the new patient, DocCharge sends a HIPAA compliant notification to the physician assigned.
Upon receiving notification, the physician will have options to view, accept, decline or reassign the new patient to a different clinician.
Physicians & Clinicians: Taking Action from the Mobile App
Step 1: HIPAA Compliant notification pops up on mobile lock screen
Pro Tip: Deleting the notification (by sliding left on locked screen) will void patient information and action steps from the DocCharge App. Thus, do NOT slide left to delete notification.
Step 2: Once DocCharge application is opened, select inbox to view new patient
Step 3: Select the New Patient to take action
Step 4: Select Action for New Patient
- View: View patient information without taking any definite action
- Accept: Patient will be added to your Rounding List
- Decline: The assigning user will be notified of decline with action to reassign the patient
- Reassign: Reassign patient to other physicians and clinicians in your practice
For More Information or Questions: Contact the DocCharge support team
DocCharge: Be productive again! Practice analytics, mobile charge capture, HIPAA compliant messaging, and tools for billers.
DocCharge is a mobile physician productivity platform enabling physicians and clinicians to save time by efficiently capture patient billings, communicate with back office and maximize revenue by avoiding lost charges using real-time analytics on a mobile device. Designed by a physician for fellow physicians, residents/fellows, and mid-level providers, DocCharge maximizes one’s productivity. Practice Administrators and outsourced billing companies find the application very intuitive, thus improving practice efficiency and revenue.
DocCharge is transforming healthcare data into useful and actionable insights, thereby allowing partner subscribers to focus their resources on the core business of providing high quality patient care. For more information, visit www.DocCharge.com, email: contact@DocCharge.com.